Saturday, July 9, 2011

Reality Sent a BIG Check

I began married life as most couples do... with the honeymoon. And like many people, I quickly was living in a blissful world where there were no responsibilities or stresses or problems.
See??? Clearly I'm living in happy land where everything is always rainbows and butterflies. That's why when I stepped off the plane after Mexico, I had a very tiny little panic attack. Suddenly I was faced with more responsibility than I was sure I was ready to handle. Then, we got back to our apartment and found something that looked a little like this.
BILLS. I'm not going to say that I'm a super nieve person and thought that housing paid for itself, but I never realized how much money you have to pay for things like electricity and water. And I had no idea start up fees for all the electricity and water and such even existed. Being a responsible adult really is not the walk in the park I was fooled into thinking. Apparently there isn't a bill fairy that magically takes care of all the bills. Such a bummer.

On the upside, owning my own apartment has drastically changed the way I clean my apartment. For those who thought I was a slob, you could eat off my floors now. Andy and I are doing so great at keeping a clean and tidy house. I hope this perk of responsibility remains!

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't seen it... I need to come by sometime when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete