Sunday, July 17, 2011

America's Pastime



There is one HUGE reason I look forward to summer... besides the fact that I'm out of school for a few months, the weather is warm, and my legs actually get to see the light of day. I love summer because it brings baseball season with it!

I mean who doesn't love a good hot dog or brat, ice cold drinks, and listening to the consessions guy yelling "cracker jacks and peanuts" as he walks up and down the aisle. I mean it really is a paradise. There's nothing like it: the cheering, the smell of fresh cut gross, the awkward sunburns, the cursing of old men... it is a once in a life time experience.

The nice thing about baseball is that at the start of every new year, the teams are hopeful for a good season. This is especially important since my Rockies rarely ever show much potential beyond that of a 500 season. Every April I see the beginning of my dream of Rockies domination and World Series win... then every July I put my expectations to rest... My Rockies never let me down, but they never show enough talent, skill, and consistency to take them to the World Series. Nevertheless, they wake up everyday and play ball. I love that.

Today I had the opportunity to go to a game... which unfortunately ended in a loss. I mean what did I expect? They haven't won while I was at the game for years now. Sometimes I think I'm there jinx :( But it was so much fun to sit with family and enjoy America's pastime. I hope I get another opportunity again soon, but until then... GOOOOO ROCKIES!!!!!!!

(P.S. Until I'm sure I'm not the team jinx, I think I'll stay away from the stadium in hopes of increasing their chances of a playoff position :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment